Damage to the sewer line is considered a serious plumbing problem. You should call Paul Bunyan Plumbing and Drains immediately if faced with a problem related to the sewer line. The longer that you wait, the worse the problem will become. Fixing the problem will also become significantly more costly.
There are many different ways to fix a problem related to the sewer line, but one of the most recommended methods in the plumbing industry right now is trenchless sewer repair. There are many benefits to trenchless sewer repair. For one, it’s more convenient. Two, it can be a lot more affordable. Three, it’s more environmentally-friendly in comparison to traditional sewer repair services, and, four, it’s significantly less intrusive in comparison to traditional sewer repair services as well.
Fortunately, Paul Bunyan Plumbing and Drain specializes in trenchless sewer repair services. Give us a call today to learn more about how much this service may cost, and what it can do for your home.
There are two different types of methods used. We’ll break down the two different methods in this article, so you’ll have a better idea of what to expect. You may also get a better idea on which option may be best fitted for your home and your needs.
Lateral Pipe Lining
Lateral pipe lining is also sometimes called cured-in-place piping. This method uses existing pipes and adds a layer of epoxy resin to reline the pipes. The layer of epoxy resin will also repair cracks and close gaps to prevent further leakages and to prevent soil intrusion. To make it as simple as possible, this will basically create a new pipe within the existing pipe. In comparison to the pipe bursting, which will be outlined below, lateral pipe lining is one of the more expensive trenchless sewer repair services; however, it is still usually cheaper than traditional sewer repair services.
Benefits of Lateral Pipe Lining
Many people consider lateral pipe lining as an unbeatable solution for sewer line damages. There are many reasons why this method is so beloved. They are able to offer many benefits, like:
- Versatility. In general, lateral pipe lining can repair just about any type of sewer line damages. In fact, this method is often used to repair common cracks or breaks that emerge with time, tree root penetration, off-set pipes, faulty or mismatched pipe joints, lateral pipe corrosion and animal activity damages.
- Strengthens existing pipes. Existing pipes are often strengthened with lateral pipe lining. The pipes become more hardy and will have a longer average lifespan. They become less susceptible to environmental factors, like tree roots, and will usually maintain their condition for a longer period of time.
- No digging. This benefit is one that is shared with all trenchless sewer repair services. There is absolutely no digging involved.
- Being time-efficient. Lateral pipe bursting usually only takes several hours to complete. Our licensed technicians can get the job done in no time, so you can go back to enjoying your home.
- Cost-efficiency. In general, both lateral line piping and pipe bursting will be significantly cheaper than traditional sewer repair services. This is great for those who are looking for an affordable plumbing option.
Lateral line bursting shares many benefits with pipe bursting, which will be described below. This method is highly recommended for many of the reasons explained above and more. If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us and one of our licensed technicians can walk you through the entire process, so you get a better idea of how it’s done.
This method is different from lateral pipe lining because it doesn’t create a new pipe within an outside pipe. Instead, this method uses a pneumatic or hydraulic head to destroy the existing, old pipes and drag in a new replacement pipe. This option is generally a little bit less expensive in comparison to lateral pipe bursting.
Benefits of Pipe Bursting
So, other than the lower cost, why would some people choose to go with this option rather than with lateral pipe lining? Pipe bursting is actually able to offer some unique benefits, like:
- Being less labor intensive. There’s no digging involved at all.
- Creating less damage. Many homeowners are worried about damage to their yard and to their home. Pipe bursting is able to avoid a lot of the damages that are otherwise common with other types of sewer repair services.
- Needing less cleanup. This is also one of the main benefits of pipe bursting. The entire process can be completed fairly quickly. There is not a lot of cleanup that’s needed. Once the process is done, it’s basically done.
- Increasing the flow capacity of the pipe. Homeowners who decide to use pipe bursting trenchless sewer repair services can replace the pipes with ones of a similar or larger diameter for better flow.
- Having a lifetime guarantee. Most licensed technicians will offer a lifetime guarantee on their work, so homeowners can rest easy.
It’s important to note that lateral pipe bursting shares some of the same benefits as well. These trenchless sewer repair services in Minneapolis, MN are highly recommended for these reasons and more.
Call Us Today for More Information
Are you interested in getting trenchless sewer repair services in Minneapolis, MN instead of traditional sewer repair and replacement services? If so, give us a call today at 952-209-9329 for more information. If this may not be convenient for you, you can also schedule a service with us online and we’ll get back to you at a time that’s more convenient for you.
There are many benefits to getting trenchless sewer repair services instead of regular sewer repair services. Our licensed technicians will walk you through the benefits of the two different types of services, and will also determine the method that is best fitted for your home and your budget.