Water Heater Installation
Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains knows how important hot water is to your family. A water heater is a vital part of any home, providing hot water for cooking, cleaning, and bathing. In addition, an efficient water heater can help homeowners save energy, money, and water. At Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains, we only employ expert plumbers skilled in troubleshooting water heater issues of all known makes and models. Once the problem is located, our experts will provide cost-effective repair solutions to help our valued customers save money and restore their hot water quickly.
However, when your water heater is beyond repair or is very outdated, our experts will help you select the perfect replacement water heater to meet your home's hot water needs and budget. The most common choices include gas and electric conventional water heaters and tankless water heaters using gas or electricity to heat the water for your home. The Paul Bunyan team will present all your options, provide as much or little guidance as you need during the selection process, then offer a complete price quote for the installation of your new, fully warrantied water heater.
WE'LL HELP YOU MAKE THE BEST CHOICE FOR YOUR FAMILY
Paul Bunyan Plumbers will:
- Help explain the difference between gas and electric water heaters and the pros and cons of each power source
- Keep you informed of any updates to the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act, which mandates higher efficiency ratings on most gas, electric, and oil water heaters
- Help you decide which type of water heater install will work best for your home's hot water demand and budget
- Discuss the benefits of energy-efficient water heaters
- Explain your options for solar-powered and tankless water heater solutions for your home
- Discuss options and benefits of insulating your water heater
- Explain energy factor and how it impacts you and the operating cost of your water heater
- Ensure you know all the options available to you regarding rebates, coupons, and savings
SIGNS YOU NEED A NEW WATER HEATER
If you are experiencing issues with your current water heater, this might be an excellent time to consider a new replacement water heater. Issues such as not enough hot water for your needs, a leak in a water heater value, or a thermostat not functioning correctly are all common issues that could be repaired in most cases. However, when your water heater is older or unable to meet the increased demand for hot water, a replacement is often the better investment. Some reasons to consider a replacement water heater include:
- Any water heater that is more than ten years old
- Components of the water heater are leaking
- The size of your current water heater is no longer meeting your needs for hot water
- The unit is becoming noisy
- You are experiencing temperature issues, including temperature fluctuation, the water is too hot or too cold, or it is taking a long time for the water to heat
- You are experiencing increasing energy bills because the water heater is becoming less and less energy efficient due to its age
If you are dealing with any of these problems or if your family is growing and you require more hot water than your current water heater can deliver, it may be time for a new water heater. Paul Bunyan Plumbers understand that water heater installation is a significant investment for your home, so we're proud to offer financing options, discounts, and coupons for each of our valued customers.
Serving all of Minneapolis & St. Paul Area.
Water Heaters are what we do! Call Us Today!"
CONVENTIONAL WATER HEATER OR A TANKLESS MODEL?
Though tankless water heaters are gaining popularity, conventional water heaters are the most common water heater in homes and businesses today. Also called storage water heaters, the traditional water heater stores water in a tank, usually somewhere between 20 and 80 gallons. Fuel sources vary but may include gas, electric, or propane. The benefits of choosing a conventional water heater include:
- These units are more affordable to purchase
- They last a decade or more
- Conventional water heaters are a reliable source of hot water
- Many of the components on a conventional water heater can be repaired or replaced to affordably extend its length of service
- The typical conventional water heater replacement is very fast, simple, and affordable as much of the plumbing is identical to the old unit
- Solar power conventional water heaters are available
While tankless water heaters are known to conserve energy, new conventional water heaters are becoming more efficient every year. Many newer models have thicker insulation, motorized dampers to reduce heat loss, and an Energy Factory of at least 0.67, making them an affordable and energy-efficient option.
EFFICIENT, MODERN WATER HEATERS
A tankless water heater, also called an on-demand water heater, is a small, compact appliance that heats water on an as-needed basis. Unlike a traditional water heater, a tankless water heater does not store water in a holding tank. Instead, water heats as it passes through the appliance, allowing for an immediate, continuous hot water supply.
TANKLESS WATER HEATER INSTALLATION
If you're looking to improve your home's energy efficiency, then it's time to consider a tankless water heater. It only heats water when you need it, unlike conventional models, which constantly heat and refill a large tank of hot water. Families in smaller homes or with only one shower will benefit the most from a tankless water heater.
Helping you understand which type is optimal for your home is our goal. Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains employs plumbers who are dedicated to assisting customers in making wise choices that save them money and are environmentally responsible. We focus on promoting new technology to benefit our customers and the planet while providing reliable and trouble-free service. Our decades of experience and expertise in plumbing assure you that we will provide all the information and options you need to select the best water heater solution for your home.
BENEFITS OF A TANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER
When homeowners begin exploring options for a new water heater, the tankless units are often appealing because of their increased energy efficiency. However, homeowners are pleasantly surprised to learn that increased efficiency is only one of the benefits of these innovative water heaters. Other impressive benefits include:
- Compact size for easy installation in a cabinet, closet, or under a vanity
- Exceptional energy efficiency for a lower operating cost than a traditional water heater
- Unlimited hot water when operating within the supply capacity
- Extended equipment life of up to 20 years or roughly twice as long as a conventional water heater
- The units have no holding tank to deteriorate, leak, or fail
- Energy Star approval
- Federal and state energy rebate options are offered in some areas for the installation of this more energy-efficient water heater
TANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER INSTALLATION
While many homeowners are unsure about converting to a tankless water heater, the experts a Paul Bunyan Plumbing & Drains has years of experience installing new tankless water heaters and converting conventional water heater plumbing to accommodate these options. Our pros will explain the conversion process to you, the estimated time needed to complete the project, and provide a complete price estimate to help you make your choice of converting to a tankless water heater less stressful.