Whole Home Water Filtration
Many homeowners believe water filtration at the kitchen sink is all that is needed. However, water purity is essential throughout your home. You never know when your little one will guzzle a glass of water from the bathroom sink. Then there are the concerns of bathing in water filled with toxins and chemicals. That is no way to feel clean and refreshed. Fortunately, the simple solution is whole home water filtration.
Your Choices For Whole Home Water Filtration
For the highest quality water filtration, we recommend reverse osmosis or carbon filter systems. These units stop many of the most concerning contaminants such as giardia and cryptosporidium, bacteria and viruses, lead, nitrates, and other foreign particles like plastic. The Paul Bunyan licensed plumber who visits your home can assist you in determining which type of unit will best meet your needs for a point of entry system.
The Added Benefits Of Whole House Water Filtration
If you only think of the kitchen when considering water filtration for your home, consider these extra benefits from filtering all the water entering your house.
- You will enjoy pure filtered water for drinking, bathing, and cleaning throughout the house.
- Filtering all the water in the house will eliminate harmful sediment and bacteria that compromise the smell and taste of your household water.
- Filtering all of the water as it enters the house protects you, your loved ones, water lines, and appliances from hard water, rust, and other contaminants.
Hints That You Need Whole House Water Filtration
Many hints might be leading you to investigate whole house water filtration. Not all of the issues are related to health concerns due to contaminated water. Other indications that you need water filtration include:
- The odor of sulfur or rotten eggs in your water
- Water spots and streaks on dishes
- Dry skin and dry, damaged hair from hard water
- A bad taste to your water
- Rust stains inside appliances, sinks, tubs, and the toilet bowl
- Excessive corrosion in plumbing fixtures
- Excessive corrosion and buildup inside your water heater holding tank
- Corrosion damage to water lines
Even if you cannot see particulates or contamination in your home’s water, there can be many hidden hazards. It is crucial to have your home’s water quality tested to ensure that it is free of hazardous contamination such as,
All three of these contaminants are odorless and tasteless, so you would have no clue that they are in your home’s water unless you have it professionally tested. During a water quality test, your plumber will also be able to detect PFOS, which are manufactured chemicals often leaked into the water supply. All of these contaminants are harmful to your health and must be removed from your home’s water supply.
If you have any concerns about the quality of your home’s water, call 612-340-1444 to schedule an appointment with Paul Bunyan Plumbing And Drain. Our pro will provide you with a water quality evaluation and explain which whole home water filtration is best to provide you with pure and healthy water.